That's how I moved to California.......boarded in Seattle - got off in Martinez, CA.
![]() |
| Amtrak crossing the border |
A small sleepy seaside community - it reminded me a bit of Santa Cruz, CA - with the sidewalk cafes, sunny weather, beaches - the tide going in and out.
Running through, along the whole length of the beach is the train - at approximately 8 to 8:30 every am and pm - and sometimes in the afternoon.
Usually the afternoon train is the passenger train AMTRAK - full of tourists. You could see all the people with noses pressed against the glass admiring the view and waving at the pedestrians out for a pleasant sunny stroll along the seawalk.
| White Rock pier, Semiahmoo (WA) in the distance The train passes by - just beyond that blue fence! |
It's that same train you can just barely see at the top of the screen of the Eagle cam - and definitely you can hear the whistle as it rolls past beneath the nest.
If you ever have the opportunity to ride that train from Seattle to Vancouver - make sure to look straight up just after you go through the town of White Rock. You will see the Eagles nest - the same one on the Cam - directly above you!
******************************
Speaking of trains, we watched "Unstoppable" last night on our "Man Cave Movie Screen" downstairs.
I would highly recommend it! Apparently based on a true story.
Yes, it's that good!

3 comments:
I'd love to ride on a train. I've taken a ride on a bus across country with a toddler, not something I'd recommend. The seats have a body odor stench :-)
I would recommend a sleeping car... I had one in Europe and it was a nice option....my trip to Martinez was a *little bit* uncomfortable....but still - fun! and much nicer than a bus!
I don't envy that bus trip of yours....with a toddler! wow. That must have been something. I have been on buses enough to know I don't ever want to do that again.... :)
I would recommend a sleeping car... I had one in Europe and it was a nice option....my trip to Martinez was a *little bit* uncomfortable....but still - fun! and much nicer than a bus!
I don't envy that bus trip of yours....with a toddler! wow. That must have been something. I have been on buses enough to know I don't ever want to do that again.... :)
Post a Comment