Last night when I was watching the Eagle was feeding it's new baby, I noticed the other egg - it had a crack in it! It was beginning to hatch!
I am not sure when the first one hatched but we have been watching the cam daily and up until now, I had not seen any babies - only eggs.
It's unusual to have the eggs hatch in the same day, so perhaps the first one had already hatched the day before sometime....
Sorry these photos of the cam are so blurry. If you go to the cam itself, the video stream is amazingly high definition and you can even see the feathers of the eagle moving in the wind....the best nature cam I have seen to date.
The owners of the property paid for and installed the cam at their own expense.
One thing I do notice, is that the Train coming up from the USA makes itself known by a whistle several times a day - and you can see it pass under the nest on the closeup in the evening when it's lights are on.
Sometimes I miss living in White Rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment