So - I am looking at who comes on my blog, and by what means they get here.........
I had to laugh.
Someone googled " Who won the Stanley Cup last night April 26,2011" and got to my blog. Obviously, it wasn't a Canadian making the inquiry.
How can I tell?
Even if you hate Hockey...you have to be living underneath the grass not to know what's going on with the Hockey situation here in Canada.
No one won the Stanley Cup the other night....!
I think Vancouver wishes it was the last and final Stanley cup game.......sorry.......nope.
But - the celebrations and the libations were limitless.....during Tuesday's game.
The beer sales went through the roof. Sports friendly (read: Hockey friendly) establishments that served beer realized a 150% increase in sales during the game. As far as I know, I don't believe anyone ran out of beer - unlike the Olympics.
It's been reported that more beer was consumed at the 2010 Olympics than the last two Winter Olympics combined. It certainly caught the German House by surprise. Underestimating Canadians affinity for beer, their supplies dwindled and they had to ship in more.
It's that Hockey Stick Effect at work again.
And here is where I might shock you with an admission:
Personally, I hate the brewski. Not even a "good" one.
And I hate Hockey.
Some Canadian I am.......

2 comments:
Don't worry, I don't drink beer anymore AND I don't care for hockey either. :-0
Your'e my pal!!
Post a Comment