![]() |
| Prince Rainier & Grace Kelly 1956 |
![]() |
| Prince William & Catherine 2011 |
A few things bothered me during The Production. (I am Canadian after all. We tend to be a slightly negative bunch. We look for these things!)
1. When coming into the church, Prince Charles (Kate's new father-in-law) took his gloves off, wiped his nose with the fingers of his right hand, then with the same hand - proceeded to shake hands with the entire line of clergy.
Not good. Maybe no one else noticed, but the nurse in me cringed.*
2. When William and Kate left the Abby in the open Landau.....he was all warm in not only a shirt and heavy jacket - but also heavy pants a hat and gloves. Poor Kate only had on fine lacy sleeves and a dress that certainly - unless she was wearing long johns beneath - drafty.
It was cold. Why wasn't there a nice little matching jacket for her to wear over top, or at least a lap blanket provided? I would have been freezing to death.... it wasn't even warm, after all.
3. On our TV station, Peter Mansbridge - the announcer - was downright annoying.
A fairy-tale wedding just wasn't the time for dredging up - and going on and on and on ad nauseum about Diana and the divorce and how badly things went with her and Charles marriage and ensuing bad feelings all the way around......and then making public the fact that he himself could have said some things to make his own marriage work......it just was, well, unnecessary.
His comment that the "chuckle" the pair shared during the ceremony was, in his words, the "highlight" of the ceremony.....balderdash. Was he even watching or listening to have made such a comment???
Thankfully, the TV could be muted and also the DVR (Canadian TiVo equivalent) fast-forwarded.
And so it ends.
Or begins......
********************
*And that, my people, is how you got your latest flu bug - just in case you didn't know! Ick. And why I don't shake hands.
I am not the only one that noticed. Within minutes of posting this, I immediately had at least 5 google hits "Prince Charles wipes nose then shakes hands"
ADDENDUM: It's now been 25 google hits for "Prince wipes nose and shakes hands"! Glad people noticed. Maybe this means that people are aware that this is not a good thing to do?
SECOND ADDENDUM: Another 20 googles about "Prince wipes nose and shakes hand".....wow. What's going on???


1 comment:
I thought no-one else had noticed. I kept waiting for the episode to appear on comedy or talk shows... but, nothing.
Post a Comment