Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Brunch

If you are ever making a brunch or having a group of people over for breakfast, here is a very easy recipe that will have your company ooh!-ing and ahhh!-ing - making them think that you have slaved away all day preparing this fancy little treat for breakfast/brunch!

Put a small amt of water in empty holes to save your tin from damage
Grease your muffin pan with olive oil
Line with finely sliced ham (spicy ham would be tasty!)
Crack a whole egg into each lined tin

Pour one Tablespoon of cream over the egg
Sprinkle one heaping Tablespoon of Swiss Cheese (or other flavorful cheese) over egg/cream
Sprinkle fresh chopped basil or dried basil over cheese


Bake in 350F oven for 20 minutes (depending on how well you like your egg done! Soft maybe 15 min)


Lift out of tin and place on buttered toasted 1/2 English muffin
Serve on buffet or each individual plate

This is what my plate looks like.  I put salsa over my egg nest

It definitely is a quick and easy breakfast - and less mess to clean up!   Plus - you get your whole breakfast all-in-one.....and much classier than an egg mcmuffin!!!

The buffet with egg nests at the end

4 comments:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Oh CC, where was my invite? I would have happily come to eat at your brunch over what I ate on Sunday. Look how beautiful you set the table and all, very fancy schmancy! Egg Nests sound fitting for Easter.

Cartoon Characters said...

oooh sorry! You could have come! Totally! Long trip though, for an egg.... :)

Phiddy said...

Oh so you cook too? What's next in arsenal of talents?
Looks very yummy too.

Cartoon Characters said...

Well, if you asked my husband - I don't! :)

I don't make anything I can't have completely ready to serve in 15 minutes or less!

But I don't compromise - no ready to eat stuff - 95% "from scratch"...