Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 2 Vacation...

Since I suffered through 6 hours of golf yesterday, my husband reluctantly graciously agreed to accompany me on my little shopping excursion.   (He also told me he was going to make another jug of lemonade to replace the one that doused the inside of the fridge last night...)

I told him this included no eyeball rolling or deep sighs, that he had to gladly come along and show enthusiasm.  After all, I did a fairly competent job of caddying yesterday...

We went to Kohl's.

I love that store.  Lots of specials and stuff that you can't find in Canada.

Plus - our dollar is worth a few cents more than the American dollar so - score!

I found plenty to buy and justified the $400 (revised!) spent because I have not bought one new thing since one year ago. Oh - and it's my birthday holiday too - so even better reason to fork out the cash.  Also, some of the items were new golf shirts and pants my husband picked out for himself...and another $100 were new "necessities".... so really, it wasn't that much!

Quite the haul, though!

When we got back to the condo.....I thought it might be fun to go caddying again....so my husband arranged a round of nine holes at the golf course just outside our front door.


The view outside our little place as we sit on the deck


Right near the clubhouse - first hole


My husband in our Golf cart going through our neighborhood


Evening comes, last hole


I am still waiting for my husband to make the lemonade....meanwhile, the wine will do....


4 comments:

Daisy said...

Those lemons look amazing!! You must be in Florida or something... I remember going to Arizona and having Grapefruit, lemon and orange trees in the front yard! I was in aww....coming from the upper midwest where all we see is snow..lol Enjoy your vacation!!

Cheyenne said...

Soak it up!

What a beautiful location.

Cartoon Characters said...

Daisy: just went out this am and picked up three more lemons - HUGE!! We are in California :)

Cheyenne: we are! ;) i'ts lovely here.

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Wow, absolutely amazing and looks enjoyable.