Yes, we call them "Holidays" here in Canada.
Not always "Vacation"...
I found out that we had not ONE but TWO lemon trees growing just outside our door - overlooking the golf course.
I picked a whole bowl full! And made a whole jug of lemonade...
They look soooooo nice on the table.....
My husband wanted to go golfing so I decided to go with him. Last vacation he went on his own, but I thought I would go along and caddy.
Seems that by the 9th hole, I was so preoccupied with picture-taking and got so wrapped up in the artsy side of the photography, I forgot all about my "caddy chores".
My husband took over the score-keeping and updating his Golf-Buddy GPS.
Now, I have to ask all you nurses out there - what does this look like to you???
I know!!! I thought it was one of those too!!
I asked my husband - "Don't they have washrooms (you Americans call them restrooms) throughout this golf course???"
Apparently they are put on the golf carts - a sand/grass seed mix - in case you make a divot.
Oh well. What can I say? I have a nurse's mind.
Only one disaster so far...
Remember that jug of lemonade I made that I mentioned earlier? The one that I used half the bowl of those beautiful lemons for? And used all the rest of our sugar supply that we had?
My poor husband dumped over the entire thing in the fridge just now.....
All I could manage to do was hand him a stack of towels and let him go at it.
I suppose tomorrow I will be mopping up all the stickiness.....
5 comments:
Completely thought urinal too! Ugh about the spilt lemonade! I hate cleaning out the fridge when stuff like that spills.
By the way, I like the word holiday better than vacation, but everyone would stare if I tried to use it down here. It sounds very refined and proper. Hope you have a wonderful "holiday"!:)
My husband says he will squeeze me a bunch more lemons for more lemonade. Meanwhile I am doing a load of towels this am... :(
Sure is nice to be sitting in the warmth - watching the sights....
Urinal. Totally. A bit fancy looking, but still a urinal.
:D
Enjoy the warm sunshine for me CC!
We are! :)
Post a Comment