Another aftershock, the same size of the one that I experienced in the Bay Area when I lived there in 1989.
There is a site that you can see the time sequence of aftershocks after the tsunami back on March 11, 2011.
Here is the page: It doesn't include today's earthquake.
Incredible. I can't imagine. My heart goes out to them.
Meanwhile, here on "vacation", this packaged soy sauce came with my order of sushi:
| Maybe they should change the name.... |
*****************************************
Today, I just relaxed by the pool and on our deck. It's so pretty right outside our door - so why not? Plus, I need to make another gallon of lemonade (yes, my husband has yet to make any!) and perhaps try out the new Mojito recipe I found on the internet when I discovered the mint growing outside our door!
Meanwhile, my husband went golfing. I figured he could get through ONE game without me.
5 comments:
Mojito sounds so good, but I gave up drinking while in school.
Tsunami is not the best name.
I remember we use to talk about sports team and names while drinking beer, like the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Carolina (NHL) and Miami (college) Hurricanes, San Jose Earthquakes (MLS)
I wonder what all the Japanese names are. I think they like to use animal names.
I ruined my Mojito. Somehow it doesn't taste the same when I prepare it. The spearmint was lovely, though. I ate the leaves.
interestingly enough, Japanese teams have used names not unlike American leagues but with a Japanese twist:
Coca Cola West Red Sparks,
Fukuoka Sanix Blues,Kintetsu Liners,
Kobe Steel Kobelco Steelers, Kubota Spears,
NEC Green Rockets, NTT Shining Arcs, Ricoh Black Rams, Sanyo Wild Knights,
Suntory Sungoliath,
Toshiba Brave Lupus (wolf),
Toyota Verblitz,
Toyota Industries Shuttles, Yamaha Jubilo
I love your segway into the vacation part of your blog post from the tsunami news:
"Meanwhile, here on "vacation", "
How many days are you out there for?
leaving here on monday...so 7 full days here and 2 part days coming and going.... then I still get 2 more days off, work 2 and then have another 5 days off... (full time hours are great!)
oops, 8 full days here...2 part days..... I miscalculated....
Post a Comment