Started off in a wonderful way:
| Sunrise over our golf course at 6 am |
It was a little overcast so we decided to visit a girlfriend that lives here in the desert - the next town over.
On the drive over - spotted a billboard : "This year thousands of men will die of stubbornness".
The sign piqued my curiosity. Of course, that's exactly what it was supposed to do. Make a person wonder and make one look it up.
Which I did.
Apparently, it is a government sponsored ad that promotes male preventative health.
When you get a preventive medical test, you’re not just doing it for yourself. You’re doing it for your family and loved ones:
- Men are 24 percent less likely than women to have visited a doctor within the past year and are 22 percent more likely to have neglected their cholesterol tests.
- Men are 28 percent more likely than women to be hospitalized for congestive heart failure.
- Men are 32 percent more likely than women to be hospitalized for long-term complications of diabetes and are more than twice as likely than women to have a leg or foot amputated due to complications related to diabetes.
- Men are 24 percent more likely than women to be hospitalized for pneumonia that could have been prevented by getting an immunization.
Source: Healthcare Cost & Utilization Project and Medical Expenditure Panel Survey data.
And since we are on the subject of males:
Not even an hour ago, this was my husband in front of the pond near our condo:
We went for a walk around that lake you see.
I was trying once again to be creative with my photos and stepped into a hill of fire ants. Painful. Irritating. Itchy. Dang!!
Thank goodness I had some hydrocortisone cream that I bought for my husband's rash.
So ended the day:
| Sunset - only an hour ago - note the little duck floating by |
5 comments:
These look like postcards! It's almost slightly mean that you are posting them-it's going to snow here again tomorrow if the weather guy is right. For now I'm travelling through you! :)
Today in central WI the forecast calls for a high of 52 and I'm going to run and dance and play outside like it's my tropical paradise.
Cheyenne: snow??? oh my. I can't even imagine. Even at home the clematis is budding and rosebushes sprouting! I feel for you!
ZazzE: yikes. Well, that is what I would do at 52 back at home! That's flip flop weather! :)
Fire ants! OOOh I hate those things! One of the really bad things about living in the south. I've landed in urgent care and then another time in the ER, and now I have to carry an epi-pen! But other than that, your vacation spot looks beautiful!
they are nasty little things!
wow, you sound very allergic!
They were in a sand hill next to a plant, and i happened to step in it while trying to do an artsy angle of the lake.... :(
At first i didn't feel them, then HOLY COW. They were all over my foot! You should have heard the screaming!
Post a Comment