Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lady Gaga and The Royal Wedding

Let's just say you are a commoner engaged to a Prince, a future King of England.

Let's just say you met at College, and now there is a group of guys from that college you attended that is paying homage to your engagement and future marriage.  

They aren't your usual singers. 

No - they are disgruntled would-be suitors.



Oh well.

It can't be any worse than the "Official Initials" fiasco.

What the official china's embossing should have looked like




What the official souvenirs are now embossed with


When I first saw the WC - I laughed.  I got it right away.  

In Britain the abbreviation "WC" stands for the old  "Water Closet" which is British-speak for Toilet, or Biffy, or Can or Washroom - if you are Canadian, or if you are American - Restroom.

Thankfully, for the Royal Couple-to-be, changes were made before all the formal china was fired at the Royal china factory....to avoid the "Royal Flush" jokes that would surely ensue. 

BUT - If you ever find the former initials on anything - "WC" - they will soon be expensive collector's items. 

This is the first time that Tradition has been broken, and the bride's initials are put first - before the Royal.

See?  Even the stuffy Monarchy can break with tradition, if the situation is just right.


Meanwhile, here is a FREEBIE you can download in honor of the Royal Newlyweds-to-be:  George Michael singing Stevie Wonder's song - "You and I".

You're welcome!

2 comments:

Pollyanna said...

That video is really cute! Are most Canadians more interested in the royal wedding, or are Americans too and I'm just out of the loop? Your blog is my official wedding coverage source, lol.

Cartoon Characters said...

From what I compare on TV: American channels vs Canadian channels....it sounds like the Americans are more obsessed.

In the only province that has "British" in it's name...the interest is more "oh yeah?" than "OH YEAH!!!!"...

You can barely tell there is an upcoming wedding actually, the interest is more in the election and hockey...at least - here in B.C.

"official wedding coverage source"...that is funny! :) You will only hear the weird stuff on here! ;)