I don't often read MD blogs.
But, occasionally, when I am finished reading the nursing/nursing student blogs and my other favorite blogs, and any relatives/friend's blogs.....I will meander over to a couple of the MD blogs.
Dr D was the exception this time round. You can tell by the date on the post - March 11 - that I am a little behind the times.
The reason I mention his blog post is because he recently has had the privilege to be a patient this time 'round, and actually had an epiphany as a result.
It really is worth the read...especially if you are in - or are considering working in - the Health field.
I like it when people can learn from their experiences, and when it enhances the work they already do.
I know being a patient really affected the way I treat my patients~!
What was it like when I was ill??
Just in case you haven't already read it - Check it out :
Here and Here.
4 comments:
Strangely lacking was anything/something about the nursing staff who cared for him. Did he have any nurses taking care of himself? Or, did he hire a private duty nurse to wait on him hand and foot?
My guess is that the nurses were so outstandingly good that he had no complaints about them ;)
He only had complaints about the MD..... :)
Good observation!
That was a really good post by a MD. I've had so many bad experiences as a nurse with nasty doctors that I see them almost as another breed. Fortunately, as a patient I've been able to find some good ones who actually sit and talk with me. The others are the ones who are in and out as quickly as possible and throw prescriptions at you to shut you up and get you out. After all, the more they see the more money they get!
Here in B.C. MD's are limited to how many patients they can see in a day - after so many they are paid less for each visit - trying to discourage those MDs who do the IN'N'OUT thing. I suppose there are always "work arounds".
I feel for people with no medical background who don't question or at least feel they need an MD to explain things to them.
Post a Comment