Monday, March 14, 2011

Remember the Owl cam last year?

This is the Eagle Cam in Norfolk, Virginia.

Some of the chicks are hatched. The latest one - just yesterday.   I have always loved armchair nature-ogling.

Watch them grow!


Addendum:  Here is the Eagle's Nest Blog website. Very interesting photos up close and personal with explanations.  You can also track where the eagles go....

Save the cam and the blog to your *Favorites*

6 comments:

Tess Julia said...

Thank you! My kids will love this.

Cartoon Characters said...

It's a great site for kids! (and us bigger kids!)

Phiddy said...

Wow... you must have read my mind. I went looking for this only yesterday and due to some pressing matters had to quit my search.
Thank you so much for posting this.

Cartoon Characters said...

Yes, I enjoyed the Owl cam so much last year, when I saw this Eagle Cam, I thought it would be an interesting watch... :)

Aren't animals/birds great!

Phiddy said...

I love birds. We have a couple of parakeets. I lost my little lovebird last year and still miss him terribly.

We feed the wild birds all winter long as I love to watch them. I am learning with my bird book all the different types who visit our feeders.

I am so excited... I saw my first robins today. There's a male building a nest next door in the same place as it built last year, on top of their air conditioner unit. I hope the robin that built here on our property doesn't come back. Reason being as the robin built inside the canoe we had stored upside for the winter.We had to wait a very long time before we could go canoeing. :)

Cartoon Characters said...

My mom and dad do that too...ID birds. I am always surprised at the wealth of knowledge that my mother has about the birds....

my mom and dad also have a little canary that flies around their sunroom...it begs for breadcrumbs every morning...