It speaks for itself:
On facebook, my nephew is being called names - "bullied" - with one kid in particular saying mean things and using the "F" bomb in reference to him
Did I mention ....my nephew is 10 years old?
Why should he have to put up with this? What kind of kids do this sort of thing? Where are the parents? Better yet, what kind of parenting produces kids like this?
My sister-in-law and myself have both emailed this particular kid to cease and desist. I have a mind to phone up the parents of the bully next time I see something again.
Problem: My brother has left the family (long story) and is so wrapped up in the "new family" that his "original" family is being ignored. Their mom works hard to support the four kids - since my brother is such a loser and doesn't - and can't be everything to everyone.
Needless to say I have lost all respect for my brother...who has left his little family for this so-called "Christian" lady and her son.
Ya, right.
Do I sound bitter? Perhaps.
It looks like his kids are the ones that are being punished.
God help those four boys.
So, forgive me if this video makes me feel sad that kids are made to feel that they have no other choice but resort to this...
4 comments:
How awful for your brothers' family. Bullying is a hot topic that hits me in a still open wound. I was bullied for six years in school, relentlessly, almost everyday. The supposed basis for my being a target? I lived in Alaska for a year. Yeah, how stupid right? As a parent, I want to go beat the *#! out of any kid who makes my child feel bad, but these children come from parents who are bullies themselves, so what hope is there?
that is so sad.
I suppose those who will bully, will bully for no reason.
I just don't understand...
I don't understand bullying either.
I was bullied every day non-stop for a number of years in junior and senior high school (thank goodness for summer and school breaks). It was just another "bad" time and part of my life as my Mom was dying of cancer then also. The only thing that kept me going and kept me sane was my friends didn't desert me. My Dad had no idea this was going on as I didn't tell him. How could I with all the other worries and concerns he had going on...?
That's just it. A lot of the kids try to go it alone. No support. Sorry to hear that you were a victim also.
I suppose I like the story above because at least the boy has the support worldwide to encourage him now.
It must be heartbreaking for a parent to know their child is being picked on, and most of the time no one will help - or do anything.
I think that is changing somewhat now with the awareness of bullying, but still remains a problem.
Post a Comment