Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Eh - Aye ( A - I )

It's no secret my husband and I like the show. 

We used to watch it "together" in seperate cities before we were married, instant messaging back and forth and rating each contestant.

We figured last year was the final year we would watch it because it was starting to get old.  I didn't really like the way the judges would tear apart the kids trying out for the show.

Yes, some of the "talent" was lacking - with little insight into their singing abilities (or should I say dis-abilities).  I blame the pre-screeners  for even putting some of those "contestants" through - obviously done for drama - not talent.

But - now with Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler added as the new judges....what an improvement!  They show heart and compassion.

I've always liked Aerosmith. Now I have new admiration for their frontman.

Steven Tyler was so touching when he reached out to one of the contestants - Chris Medina's fiance Juliana who is confined to a wheelchair due to a traumatic brain injury. 

Here is the story - I'll bet you can't watch it without shedding at least one tear:



By the way, Chris Medina was eliminated and isn't in the Top 24.
I really do think that American Idol saved the show - at least for one more season - by bringing in Jennifer and Steven .....I like them.


The male contestants I am rooting for this time 'round? Out of the 12:

1. James Durbin : a young man who struggles with Tourettes and Asperger's. His musician Daddy died of an OD when he was just a little guy.  One word - AMAZING! Dare I say he is better than Adam Lambert at times?

2. Jacob Lusk: he sure did an incredible "God Bless the Child" in a previous show....he has one amazing voice..!!! wow. wow. Luther Vandross voice doppelganger.

3. Brett Loewenstern: a young man that was/is bullied in school, a real carrot top!  He has quite the voice! And he's 16!!

4. Scott McCreery: A sweet young man who had an epiphany during the eliminations and apologized for not sticking up for a dejected co-contestant when he could have.  His vocals may be limited to country, but I love his style.  And 16 years old???!! Crazy.

5. Paul McDonald: raspy-Rod-Stewart voiced Kenny Loggins look-alike. I just like him - and his voice.

6. Casey Abrams: He is just one quirky guy. Love his quirky style and voice. Hope he can keep it up.





NOTE: you can purchase Chris Medina's new song: "What are Words" (written by a composer who has also written for Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson) from iTunes. The proceeds go towards a fund set up for Juliana, to help with her recovery/treatment expenses.

2 comments:

undergrad RN said...

*sniff* So sweet.... and what a voice! Yum! It's almost a surprise hearing non-auto-tuned (nautotuned?) voices hitting the right notes these days...

Cartoon Characters said...

I know. I admire the guy - not abandoning his fiance...wow.
All the guys I list are phenomenal.
:)