Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Sound of Happiness...

The last Hockey game Sharks vs Canucks....

Unless there was a TV in the restaurant or bar.....the whole city of Vancouver was a Ghost Town.

Vancouver was behind by ONE ....

Here is what happened in Downtown Vancouver at that moment, when Canucks made that last minute goal, with 14 seconds left in the game to tie it up:



Vancouver went on to win with a fluke-type goal in double OT.


Sounds a little bit like when Vancouver won over the Blackhawks:



Or when Team Canada won over the Team USA a year ago at the Olympics:





Canadians. Hockey crazy.....

2 comments:

Phiddy said...

Canada is very hockey crazy!! They love the sport totally.

I heard about how crazy Canadians were from my Canadian DH for years. We were living in the States, way down south in Florida. And, Florida back then didn't have a hockey team. I just thought he was exaggerating. Ha foolish me.

I had only been in Canada a year or so, when the home team here (the Ottawa Senators) were in the Stanley Cup playoffs. I couldn't believe how weird and wacky things got. How loud and raucous people were! Banners and flags hung from everywhere. Senators paraphernalia was everywhere. Everyone sported a Senators tee shirt, ball cap or, tattoo (hopefully those were only temporary tats). The hype was everywhere and it was fun.

I hope you have as much fun as I did that first year I was here in Canada. It was a vicarious thrill for me as I watched all these Hockey crazed fans enjoying their game.

Cartoon Characters said...

it certainly is entertaining! Not being a big hockey fan myself (you wouldn't know it by the number of hockey-type posts!) - the playoffs seem to go on forever....maybe until Thanksgiving...well. No. Not really.

It just seems that way.

Fun to watch!

NBC doesn't like Vancouver in the finals because they say it's not a popular team....and it doesn't do anything for their ratings....it sure does a lot for this area though. Never mind that here in Vancouver no one cares about NBC and what they think...it's OUR sport!

The games out here will all start at 5 pm - Eastern TV influence - for the east's viewing convenience....but not good for anyone here trying to get to the game from work or outside rush hour....

Tickets start at $1000 - if you can get them....