Sunday, May 22, 2011

Camping in the USA

One thing I noticed in this campground just across the border in the Lynden Washington area.....is that there are a LOT of Canadian license plates - probably only one or two American plates in the whole place. 

If there weren't the Canadians visiting here - this campground would be EMPTY.



I suppose, being a Holiday - Queen Victoria's Birthday, it would make sense.

All the "celebrations" are geared to the holiday - "Queen's  Ball Dance", Birthday cake, dress-up in royal outfits for the kids - etc......I guess they don't realize most Canadians don't really "celebrate the birthday"....it's just regarded as another day off work.

It's funny that we have to come to the USA to experience the "British Experience".  Right now they have "Royal-type" marching music on their speakers by the office.  Ugggghhh!

This is where we are:







Wifi is sketchy so we aren't on the computer as much - but that's ok.   It's gorgeous here, and even though it isn't really very dry.....it is still nice.

It's not that we have to worry about the rain - because we have the trailer....a 30 foot with a super slide. It's almost like being at home....just a little smaller.

Funny thing though, passing through town.   The cemetery has a big billboard up. 

Very strange place for it, I would say:




What do YOU think?

7 comments:

Phiddy said...

Ah but, I bet next weekend will be the complete opposite... all US plates and no Canadian ones. They'll be celebrating Memorial Day in the good ole US of A.

Phiddy said...

Did you post pictures? Because if you did... they didn't come thru.

Cartoon Characters said...

really? hmm. I did post 3 photos.
They come up when I look at them.......does anyone else not see them?

NPO said...

It's like that within 100 miles of the border all across Canada. Everybody heads south even if it is for the cheap beer and to get away.

Cartoon Characters said...

Definitely cheap beer.... AND alcohol in general. I have a stash of wine in the cupboard so I don't have to run out and get some as soon as we get to the trailer.

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

I see your pictures just fine, and I hope your trip was a good one.

Cartoon Characters said...

it was a great trip, but definitely too short! :)