I guess I have gone through all that agony for a reason. (previous post)
It has now been found that women who experience hot flashes early in menopause have a reduced risk for cardiovascular disease (11% overall), stroke(17%) and premature death.
Who thought to research this?
Apparently, the study was done on 60,000 women over the space of 10 years. Since the leading cause of death in Canadian women is Cardiovascular disease, this might be a reassuring sign for some.
Well, thank goodness.
There is a positive side to all the discomfort I had been experiencing....
Yay.
Unfortunately, a footnote in all of this, I must admit, is a little disconcerting. The study relies on the recall of women's memories of symptoms experienced.
Problem? It's a known fact that women who are going through menopause have memory problems.
Un-yay.

2 comments:
My mom told me of a great book I should read called The Pause by Lonnie Barbach, she said that when the world doesn't seem to make sense and I'm feeling crazy that this is a great place to start and even before I feel those things. Hahaha, also I love that you keep me updated on the other blogs out there that I was looking for! You've been a great help and resource when it comes to that, so thank you for all your comments.
well, thank YOU dear Zazz! ;)
Sometimes I think u are the only one out there reading my blog!:)
Sometimes I don't have much to say, and that darn menopause-memory-loss thingy that's going on is fast deleting my grey matter... :(
Darn it anyway!
Post a Comment