It was a cool Winter evening in the Bay area, San Francisco circa 1992. Escaping the damp air via the Moon glittered sidewalk, I pushed through the mall doors. Then, upon entering Victoria's Secret, the most beautiful ethereal song .......
It was written by Gordon Lightfoot and recorded on his album, first in 1967 and then again in 1975. It wasn't a popular song at the time and here I was listening to it on a compilation disc put out by Victoria's Secret - with Sarah McLachlan singing.
She later put it on her 2006 Christmas Album - Wintersong.
It has become one of my very favorite Christmas songs.......and when it was paired up with one of my favorite stories....Camelot............well, take a listen. You won't be disappointed:
3 comments:
Right on.... thanks.
What a beautiful song! I must watch that movie too, thanks for sharing CC.
The song always makes me *sigh*
Thanks for listening, ladies!
Post a Comment