AND....while we are on the subject of hockey players......
It was mentioned to me in one of the comments in a previous blogpost of mine - and by the way, thanks OutRider, for that interesting discussion! - that there is question re: the intelligence of hockey players.
Well, wouldn't you know it!
Our own Roberto Luongo - goalie for the Vancouver Canucks Hockey Team AND the GOLD MEDAL CANADIAN HOCKEY TEAM at the 2010 Olympics (Pronounced can-ucks' [not can-ooks!] - and yes the pronunciation rhymes with that BAD word that starts with "F", and no the label "Canucks" isn't a derogatory term when used in reference to a Canadian !!!) - is a POET!
Perhaps you have to be a British Columbian or at very least - a Canadian, to understand his sense of humor......
BUT - my, my. He is good! Almost as good as his on-ice technique!
You have to admit, his literary calisthenics are quite amusing!
Roberto does homage to the Green Men :
OK. That's it for today.
I can't get serious after that one.
4 comments:
My dad has this theory that hockey players' intelligence is relative to how far back they play. He's a defenseman and my brother and I are both goalies, so we like this idea- it seems to fit pretty well with old Luongo there. Even though we all know Ryan Miller is better ;)
Your dad is a smart man. I can tell he is experienced (from the back of the pack, of course!)
I think we have a stalemate on who is better, but I HAVE to point out.....where is the gold!?!?!
;D
btw: do you get the "Battle of the Blades" on TV where you are....where the hockey players team up with professional figure skaters to compete for $ for their charity? It is so good and it is amazing how well those hockey players can skate!
Well, it is your sport after all. I have never heard of this but I will have to look for it! I'd love to see some of those big tough guys ice dancing. I'm just psyched for the all star game this year. Teams picked gym class style? Could they make it any better?
Post a Comment