Unfortunately, the other day when I was at work, the gal I happened to be working beside had a horrible cold. Sneezing, snorting, shedding all over.I don't know why she decided to come to work. We have great sick benefits and no one complains if you call in "absent due to illness". Management encourages us to take sick days if we aren't feeling well.
I am meticulous to the point of being anal when it comes to wiping down everything in my vicinity, not touching things like doorknobs and using paper towels to open the bathroom door, washing my hands frequently, keeping my hands away from my face. I shouldn't have gotten sick. I guess all it takes is one rogue virus.
So now I have an early Christmas Gift, thanks to her and I am feeling miserable. Sore throat, no voice....no appetite, snuffly, coughing. I think I will veg for a while.
Murphy's Law: One is the sickest on one's days off.
2 comments:
This is so true, I have not gotten sick yet this winter and I can't help be feel like the big "sick ax" is going to fall shortly after Tuesday. Plus my hubby kept me awake a few times last night with a dry cough. Getting sick was not in my plans for my vacation time...
"sick ax" - i like that! ha. :D
Post a Comment