Yes, I know. I am sick. But viruses cause colds - not exposure to the cold. It wasn't very cold anyway. Fairly balmy.
The sky cleared just enough to allow a peek at the moon. Here are my photos:
Then the moon disappeared. Might have been the clouds that hid it from view - or perhaps it just dipped beyond our vision into the little forest across the street. Either way, it was gone and the moment had passed.
I went to bed at 2 am.
I saw on FB that my young nephews in Edmonton had stayed up long past their bedtime to watch it.
It's good that they did.
The last Winter Solstice Eclipse was in 1638. The next one will be in 2094. I definitely wasn't here for the last one, and I am not planning on being here for the next.
6 comments:
OMG! Those pictures are amazing, thank you for posting them. I had intentions of waking up to see it but those fell through ;) I hear we had a great sky for it, too. My friend was in Banff and watched it from a mountaintop, and I was jealous.
Thanks! it was an incredible sight. That would be fun with a bunch of friends....and especially Banff! My husband slept through it all...he said he had seen one already - only thing - it wasn't on a winter solstice!
I tried to see it but it was too cloudy here :(!!! The pics are amazing though!!
xx
C. RN
I believe in southern California they didn't see it for the clouds and rain....so we were very lucky here!
CC, these pictures are very cool. I would've loved to have seen the eclipse, but we were under heavy clouds that night here in Wisconsin. Thanks for posting them.
Thanks ZE! :)
Post a Comment