Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vanishing Twin Syndrome - Surprise in the Delivery Room

Just before I carry on with my Real Life Accidental Nurse stories, I want to insert a little story in honor of two of my favorite cousins who's birthday it is. 

Twins run in our family. My Midwife Grandmother had twins - my aunt and uncle.  My aunt had 2 sets of twins - a set of boys and then less than two years later, a set of girls.   One of those girls had a set of twins - a boy and a girl.   Another Aunt also had a set of twins - boy and a girl. 

Twins have yet to skip a generation in our family.  My mother wished so hard for twins - she dressed us all alike.  I have often been asked if the fear of having twins was why I never had children. (it's not)

So as I was wishing both of my cousins a Happy Belly Button day....it got me thinking about the interesting Birth story -  an amazing couple I looked after in L&D so long ago.  

Here is that story.

No comments: