Holy cow. Or as my uncle (may he rest in peace) - always said "Holy Mackerel!"
I can't believe that! When did I get this old? Where did the time go? WTFlip????
It was just yesterday that the first blush of nursing took hold of me.....and I was afraid of killing patients. Now I just want to get through the day without killing myself. Funny how the old body just decides to turn on me. I used to run relays and was the Interior Provincial Javelin throwing champion. I hiked up mountains, biked where I wanted to go and walked miles and miles.....
It could be worse. At least I have all my faculties about me. The neurons are synapsing in an orderly fashion - for me, anyway.
I was just having this convo with my Nurse Cousin from Texas.....
When I was a young thing, I used to wonder how the old people I looked after couldn't see all those hairs growing off their nose or out their nostrils or ears, the extra huge eyebrows that were never plucked and wondered how they didn't know there were growths coming out of their face......you know, all that grooming that needs to be kept up with.....
And now, with the help of my 25X mirror.....I *know* why......
They couldn't see anything up close. Glasses can only do so much. When it comes right down to it....ya really need a 25X mirror to see everything .....
And..... Holy Mackerel. FIVE DECADES...............
Where's that glass of wine.......???????

3 comments:
I get ya. Completely understand. You still rock!!!
*hands you a whole bottle*
enjoy it sweetie! Thanks for sharing the stories and edumacting us young'ins!
xx
Jaxs
Crazed: well....thank ya! ;)
Jax: not sure if my experiences are current to today's nursing...but it gives a little background...and maybe some appreciation for nursing today....with a touch of nostalgia! Thanx for reading! :) Love you "newbies" - we couldn't do without ya! :)
Post a Comment