Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Holy Sh*t!

You may have seen my blog post on "Holy Crap!" - the Breakfast Cereal recently popularized by a Canadian TV show: the Dragon's Den (Shark's Tank is the offshoot).

Here is the company's website for "Holy Crap" in case you can't be bothered to make it yourself. You can order 3 packages of 225gms each for $39.95

My cousin came up with a similar recipe which she calls "Holy Shit!"

You can create variances that appeal to your own taste.

This is how I make it:

1/2 cup chia
1/2 cup hulled hemp hearts
1/4 cup toasted buckwheat
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sesame seeds*
1/2 cup dried apple (crumbled)
1/2 cup dried Thompson seedless raisins**
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves*

Mix all together in a seal-tight container
Store in cool dry place - or refrigerator


I use all organic ingredients found at local natural food stores.
For a lower calorie version you can leave out the raisins, apples, cranberries and sesame seeds.

*are my own additions
**raisins are in original Holy Crap but I don't bother with them

I mix 2 heaping tablespoons with low fat natural yogurt for a great morning breakfast.   You can also use milk.   I put it in the fridge overnight, which softens the dried hemp/chia/buckwheat.

It's great for the bowels. 
Safe for pregnant and breast feeding moms.

Another Yum!

No comments: