It can also taste good in hot weather - when it's cold!
When I lived in California, one of my nurse buddies brought in a soup for us to taste.
It's the perfect hot-weather soup - refreshing! - and for those who like Cilantro...it's the perfect thing to make.....AND it doesn't require turning on a stove!
I haven't been able to find this recipe online - tell me if you have.
To accomplish: just put each soup in a pouring container and pour each on opposite sides at the same time - very carefully!
Emerald Soup
1 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves (2 1/2 oz)
Hold back a couple sprigs of cilantro for garnish
3/4 cup scallions, coarsely chopped
29 oz chicken broth (or if you are a vegetarian: vegetable broth)
2 cups plain low fat yogurt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Place cilantro, scallions, parsley and 1/2 the broth in a blender.
Process for 30 seconds.
Add yogurt and blend additional 15 seconds.
Pour into 6 cup container and whisk in remaining broth.
Chill overnight.
Garnish with cilantro leaves and freshly ground pepper.
This cold soup is easy to make, is delicious and gets rave reviews whenever I serve it!
Believe me when I say - Yum!
************************
I did find an alternative - made with avocado that sounds just as delicious!
I have also made a cold squash soup and poured 1/2 cilantro/ 1/2 squash soup into the bowl for a very pretty combo!
![]() |
| random internet photo, but very similar to what it would look like |


No comments:
Post a Comment