![]() |
| Boys just love to play with fire! once again, the kids at the next campsite |
Now that we have been home for a few days......here's a Camping Story for you:
It was a chilly Saturday late afternoon just this past weekend, and my husband wanted to warm "us" up by lighting the mini portable BBQ - under the table....
What's with boys and fire??
Although he claimed it was "us" he was doing it for, there was no convincing him that in actual fact - I wasn't cold, due to My Own Personal Summer that I was experiencing. I was quite comfortable, thank you - but he just couldn't be dissuaded.
He lights up the Barbie under the table, and after approximately 15 minutes or so, the BBQ starts to spew out clouds of smoke.
"Don't worry" he tells me, "It's just burning off the old food residue."
My cousin and her husband and kids had stayed in the trailer just the week before and we knew they had used it.
Fair enough, I thought. The smoke was heading in another direction, after all.
![]() |
| my husband ignoring the smoke |
Half an hour later, I started choking on the now billowing smoke....I asked him what the heck was he trying to do...smoke us out of there?
I jumped up and out of the way and meanwhile the trailer's smoke alarm starts ringing.
At this point he finally concedes, and is finally convinced that it might be a good idea to at least shut off the BBQ.
I take a peek under the tablecloth a few minutes later and there are FLAMES shooting up from the BBQ.
"Uh, honey, did you turn that BBQ off?" I enquire.
"Yes - five minutes ago" he replies. "Why?"
"Because there is a bonfire going on under the table....and any minute the whole table and quite possibly the canopy will be engulfed..."
![]() |
| scrambling to get the BBQ out from under the table |
He reaches under the table and pulls the BBQ across to the far side of the camp spot.
The BBQ flips over. He kicks it with his foot to upright it. The BBQ flips over again.
![]() |
| The flames were actually larger, this is after the kicking of the BBQ fiasco |
By the time it burns itself out, in oh, say, 20 minutes.....I am wondering what the heck was in that BBQ.
On further inspection with the tongs ......I find this:
![]() |
| what's left of the barbecue scrubber - a bunch of these little things! |
What the heck????.
It took us a while to realize that the toasted liquefied messy object in the foil was once a BBQ scrubber.
Conclusion:
Wine for dinner is not always a responsible idea, especially when combined with fire.





2 comments:
sounds like an exciting camping experience!
Next time just drink more of that wine...it will keep you warm :)
Never a dull moment around here for sure! :)
Post a Comment