I always love having family here, reconnecting.....just being around people I have known since forever. I wouldn't want it any other way.
But that was a very busy week. I didn't even get a chance to get on here, just in case you didn't notice.
After at least 15 loads of laundry (at least!), rearranging furniture, reorganizing people and their sleeping quarters to accommodate, redirecting and watching out for the folks, grocery shopping, getting food ready, going places......I was exhausted.
But I cried when my family left because I missed them.
Such a conundrum.
By the way, the wedding was spectacular. Probably the best wedding I have ever been to, including my own! (sorry, honey!) I am so glad I bit the bullet and went.
They had a photo booth, and had I not left early, I was going to have my photo taken with a pirate hat on with a patch over one eye and left cheek scar right out there front and center. That would have been a great shot!
Ha!
I also joked with my nieces and nephews who were discussing tattoos and told them perhaps I should surprise my Plastic surgeon with a cute tattoo of a huge scar with giant stitches along the nice carving he did on my cheek! All that work.....for naught!
Ha!
All in all, for a while I forgot that damn melanoma.
There were a few people coming up to me as if it were the last time they would see me, you know, like people do at funerals - subdued expressions ....tentatively telling me that "a bus could hit any one of us at any time"....and "we are all heading towards the end of life". I nodded and smiled. And agreed.
I wasn't sure what to think of that, but it was slightly amused nonetheless.
****************
Last night, in a now quiet house, my husband and I watched the late night Seahawks Special (big game tonight!) and a little football quiz question came on - you know, the multiple choice kind where they give the answer after the commercial. I took a wild stab at it, knowing nothing about football.
Unlike my football aficionado husband, I guessed correctly!
We had a good laugh about that, and I told him that if that was any indication of my luck - I was going to beat this melanoma thing!!!
Yes, siree!
I am going to choose to be lucky!
![]() |
| My Mom and Dad's wedding 1952 |

4 comments:
I was glad to read you had some moments during the wedding when your melanoma took a back seat and was forgotten. That's hard to do when so freshly diagnosed. Good for you.
It was the best wedding ever! Thanks Phiddy!
Loved reading this cheerful, chatty addition. I also loved that you were amused with the funereal comments and their speakers - I can see both sides of that coin. Now that the activity is back to normal, I hope you fill up your energy bank and can continue to keep the melanoma melancholy at bay (wine always helps :-) ).
"Wine" as opposed to "Whine"!! lol. ;)
Post a Comment