Then, almost as if by magic, I got a call from my lovely niece and her boyfriend. She was preparing veggies and a knife went into her finger. Remember the incident that happened several years ago with our tenant when he did the exact same thing?
I did a quick little traige and deemed her safe to stay home and just with instructions on keeping it clean, covering it up and watching for symptoms of infection - all was well and good.
My husband wanted to see a photo, so what did she do?
Posted to Facebook.......
![]() |
| showing me the finger, published with permission :) |
I can't begin to tell you how much this made me laugh.
It was a very welcome distraction.
It's so sweet when they ask my advice when injured.

4 comments:
<3 this! So sorry for your cousin. Hugs!
:) Thank you!!
She was using a mandoline, right? I had the same injury last week. :/ Lots of fun trying to dress it with my non-dominant hand!
Claire
Ames: you are welcome! lol
KT: I don't know! I only heard over the phone and didn't ask about the weapon! :) Yes, when one hand is out of commission it's difficult to do the dressing. I suspect Amy had help! ;)
Post a Comment