Everyone is on holidays!
First, my report of the initial biopsy was delayed because my GP went on vacation. A substitute MD gave me the results. Lucky for me, she was very good. But - she didn't know that she was premature in putting in a referral to the Cancer clinic as well as the Plastic Surgeon, and that meant my initial surgery was delayed because the Plastic Surgeon had to wait for the Cancer Clinic Triage Oncologist report to come to him and tell him the same thing the pathology report said: "Excise the melanoma per BCCA protocol for thick melanoma."
Then, when I arrived at the Plastic surgeon's office, there was a sign telling me that all patients of Dr Brown were going to be seen by an alternate surgeon standing in for him until August 26th. I was actually OK with this in the end, since the new MD (he's only been a plastic surgeon for a year!) did a great job!
Finally, as I stated in the last post, the General surgeon that I was referred to 2 weeks ago to do the node biopsy and possible excision of my lymph nodes - is on vacation, and since then my referral has been sitting in a tray of his fax machine (Hopefully the paper didn't screw up! Do people still fax stuff?) awaiting his return in 2 days.
Now, I don't blame anyone but myself, really. No one exists solely to be at my beck and call. Plus, I could have had this all looked at last year when my husband started nagging me about it.
But the fact still remains.
I still hate summer.
| pretty flowers from my sis in law! |
2 comments:
Greetings from another retired nurse. I've been wandering around through your blog at random and enjoying. Then I fell on today's post. Not fun stuff. I have metastatic breast cancer. I hope you get only excellent news from your biopsy.
KT: Thanks for coming to my blog! :) All the best to you and I think us "retired" nurses should stick together! Best of everything to you, may your cancer be held at bay and your strength increase every day! hugs to you over in Jerusalem! Stay safe!
Post a Comment