One thing you don't often see in the Delivery room is a crowning head of BRIGHT RED HAIR. That little bit of light in a darkened room, shining on the head as it is coming out is like a glowing ember of fire......
Wow. That is
impressive. I have only seen it a couple of times, it is so rare. Usually, the red hair evolves later....but when it comes right at birth in it's full glory....it's amazing. I
love red hair.
The other thing I found amazing was the couple of babies who
at birth - had TEETH. Their poor moms. As if it isn't painful enough starting out breast feeding .........
Ouch.
7 comments:
I've seen several red-headed newborns. Pretty rare sight!!
I have probably seen perhaps 5 all told which isn't many considering the number of births I have been involved in....4K to 5K or so...Quite spectacular - especially when the lighting is just right...
I'm talking about the BRIGHT orange color....not just "a little bit" or "reddish blonde" or "reddish highlights"....but a real carrot top.....
Those would be two amazing things!
I couldn't imagine.
I have a 15 month old I'm still breast feeding with a mouth full of teeth and she hasn't bit me yet. Yet being the operative word. Couldn't imagine worrying about that right from the get go.
Cheyenne: :) amazing really. Fer shur.
RW: Wow. I am impressed. You have a polite little gal there...15 months and hasn't bit you yet. ;)
I will have to agree....some moms do struggle at the beginning and when there are teeth too.... well..... :(
Those bright orange/red-headed babies are true rarities indeed! I can count on one hand how many "true" reds I've seen. Definitely have seen more of the red-tinted browns or blondes.
Then again, blonde babies are very rare too. (I had one....thought she was bald at first, then realized she was a very, very light blonde. Still is a blonde at age 7!)
Living in an area that has a lot of Dutch ....I saw a lot more blondies than normal. Most of my family had tow-heads...
Post a Comment