I happened to be chatting with one of the residents in my course of arranging care for one of my laboring moms, and I could see that she was excited. She mentioned she had just come from Los Angeles this past weekend. She explained she had attended the Oscars.
"Wow. That must have been a spectacle" I offered, only minimally impressed but not wanting to dampen her enthusiasm. My old roommate in California had turned down an invite to go to the Oscars as a date with one of the Big Kahunas at Fox Studios, and had heard of some of the shenanigans that goes on with all the activity around the function.
"Well, I didn't get to see the whole thing. I was one of the performers". Matter of factly, as if she was discussing a case presentation.
I looked at her in surprise.
She seemed to be an ordinary, slightly-built, petite young woman who seemed average in every sense of the word. And - a darn good resident to boot.
She handed me a photo of herself standing arm in arm with a fairly tall man all dressed in black. She was flushed with excitement.
I looked closely at the photo. "What is it exactly that you do?" I enquired.
"I was performing with my troupe - 'Cirque du Soleil' as one of their aerial gymnasts. At the end of the performance we got to hang out backstage. I was hoping to meet any celebrity....but when I ran into Sting backstage - he wanted to stop and talk with me. He was so friendly - just an ordinary guy, and nice enough to let me have a picture taken with him." She points to the guy in the photo standing next to the grinning resident dressed in a costume."He is my absolute favorite. So excited to meet him! I would have been happy meeting anyone - but it was Sting - can you believe it??"
I suppose some might be impressed with meeting Sting, however I was too busy what with being in awe of her as one of the troupe members for The Cirque.
Pretty cool.
The Cirque's Performance at the 74th Oscar in 2002:
Sting's Performance at the same Oscar's:

5 comments:
How cool is that!
That's so crazy! Love it!
It is amazing - the hidden talents!
I would have been more impressed with the young woman too, of course it is well known I have a thing for entertainers. ;)
Bath: I sort of gathered that! ;)
Post a Comment