I found Digital Catharsis via Emergency Blues.....
He is a Nurse working in the United Emirates. His site is worth checking out.
He posted this Youtube Video, which I loved:
It got me thinking about what nurses do.....and what a difference we can make in the lives of others. I suppose in the past I have taken for granted what people in the "world out there" experience, and although it is all "routine" to us - to those we come in contact with - it is more than routine....it can be life-changing - the height of joy and the depths of despair - depending on where you work and who you are taking care of.
The older I get, the more I appreciate my calling.
When I was younger, I have to admit that I did take it all for granted.
Being a Nurse.
There is nothing more reassuring to a patient than a Nurse that is passionate about his/her profession.
8 comments:
Gee, thanks for the link. I really appreciate it. I really wish that more and more nurses get to realize that the profession is not all about money. It is about taking care of somebody who needed us.
I love your blog!
thanks DC! I am enjoying catching up on yours...great stuff!
Thank you for your sweet comment and for stopping by my blog. . . so thankful for the beautiful women who do what you do and ease the ache in a mother's breaking heart.
Wow. I feel as if I do not make a difference anywhere at the moment. I'm thinking I was never meant to be a nurse.
I am sincerely thrilled you found a calling as a nurse!!! HUGS.
I start my classes in January and am offically inspired now and believe that all this time the feeling I've had for the care and understanding of others is my calling. Thanks CC.
Haley: Even the sparrow...that's the promise...
CN: you have already made a difference in someone's life. You just don't know it yet. Don't be discouraged....
ZE: I am excited for you! Glad to provide a little inspiration. Let that carry you through!
Thank you for posting the video. It was a lovely tribute to all who nurse.
Esp. loved the comment about the night shift nurses who'll eat anything! Made me LOL to remember some of the stuff I used to eat as I spent 20+ years working the night shift.
Desperation is such a cruel master...
Post a Comment