Antibiotics every 6 hrs, ativan prn, Tyl#3 prn, zopiclone at hs.
I am almost finished the antibiotics. I am only using one Tyl #3, one tab approximately every 6 hours or so for minor 4/10 needle-like pain (which I am taking as a good thing!). The half tab of ativan I am using to dull my worrisome thoughts that I don't want to have while awaiting the final pathology report. My choice. The zopiclone half tab helps knock me out at night so I don't have to lie in the dark thinking all sorts of horrible thoughts.
I took another photo of my face this am, as per usual.
With my work, people phone all the time post operatively, amazed at how much bruising shows up several days after surgery. I always tell them - "it's normal" - and here I am trying to convince myself the same.
It's four days post op and I am going to keep my dressing off.
I have yellow/green bruising extending under my left eye and down my left cheek. There is purple splotching on the flap itself - a well placed heliotrope I am hoping isn't pre-necrotic tissue.
To me, the suturing looks like something some little kid did. Of course, as a lifetime picky seamstress and designer of clothing.....it would. I have been reassured that everything will smooth out in the end and I am going to hang onto that for now.
Now for the good news.
Yesterday my niece arrived from Indianapolis. I decided I didn't have enough fruit and treats in the fridge so I wandered the block over to the store, hoping to get my shopping done before my scheduled ativan and Tyl #3 started to take effect. Silly of me to decide to go for a milk run seconds after ingesting my medications.
But, regretfully, I did.
The ativan and Tylenol kicked in right at the checkout counter. I am sure the cute, tanned, little young thing behind the till didn't want to hear the lecture on benefits of wearing sunscreen and floppy hats and she certanly didn't want to see the edge of my incision poking out from under the flap of dressing I so generously pulled back for her to view.
I happily and obliviously wandered out the door and down the road .... leaving the poor girl gaping in horror, I am sure.
Some may judge me for self-medicating to the level of numbness.
But, for me, it means no worries about anything, and for now, I like that.
| a tiny corner of the flap |
2 comments:
Again I find myself chuckling over your misfortune. Not schadenfreude (the **very** best German word!) but sincere amusement at the visuals you produce with your wonderful descriptive prose. I can just see the young lady's eyebrows rise in horror at the unrequested experience....and, hopefully it will ram the dangers home! Carry on, Miss Medicated Messenger - your experience shared is valuable experience gained for us readers <3
"Miss Medicated Messenger" is what I am and what I will be for a while longer!!
Post a Comment