Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I'm Losing It

I honestly don't know how I can even function enough to write this.

I have totally lost any brains I thought I had.   Scrambled thoughts, confusion and very distracted to the point where I can't concentrate on the simplest things such as going to the fridge, getting the cream, putting it into my coffee.   Sounds simple, huh?  A million distractions pop up from point A to point B and I just can't filter things enough and I keep getting lost.

Not only am I losing my brains but I am losing all my stuff, too.

Couldn't find my cell phone....I turned the house upside down and finally left for an appointment yesterday morning without it - which panicked me to no end.

Unfortunately, because I was driving, I couldn't take an ativan to calm me down, so I had to suffer through the 3 1/2 hours sans med,  until I got home.

The entire appointment time  my brain obsessed continually  - where is that damn phone!!!

It would have been wonderful if I could have phoned it to find it via the ring tone, however  I distinctly remember turning it off  before putting it in whatever safe, obvious place I put it.

After working myself into a complete lather, and after two frantic phonecalls from our landline to my husband,  I discovered my cell phone in my binder with all my lab and pathology reports......right in the little cell phone pouch where I put it.

Sigh of relief.  What I really wanted to do was bang my head in frustration on the wall, but I needed every little neuron I had left - and assaulting myself wasn't going to do any good.

Next chore on the list, but with ativan on board:

I decided to walk the two blocks over to my hair appointment.  It was a beautiful, clear partially sunny day, just enough to warrant the sunscreen and floppy hat.

I have approximately 1/2 inch of roots and heaven knows how long it would be before I could have my hair done again so for some stupid vain reason, I made an appointment to see my hairdresser.   What I wasn't counting on was the downpour 2 hours later on the walk home. 

Lucky I wore the floppy hat, it really made a good umbrella.

But the trip to the hairdresser made me realize something else about myself.

I am getting extremely paranoid.  More than the usual.

I am worrying obsessively about being around people that are coughing or sniffling - and am even more paranoid about touching surfaces than usual...... 

I don't want to get sick before my surgery date.  You get sick, you don't get your surgery and I can't risk that.

I even have apprehensions  about going to the hospital for my pre-op workup - and not for the reason you might think.

Germs/bacteria run rampant in hospitals.

I will be staying 6 feet away from anyone that looks sick, I won't touch surfaces and I will definitely be keeping my hands away from my eyes, nose and mouth.

Hopefully I will make it to that dreaded surgery day - healthy.
We were supposed to be going camping this week :(




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that last 24 hour count down is on and you probably don't have much for fingernails left. I'm wishing you clear sailing, an even better outcome than you could anticipate, absolutely NO complications and lots of love and support from your close circle. I will be thinking of you and sending you all the good vibes I can - now and until they're good and redundant! <3

Cartoon Characters said...

thanks Laurie! I am on my way!

kevel88 said...

Touching up roots is like making sure you have on clean underwear!! What would the nurses say as they are putting on that surgical cap to cover your head. . . And I certainly hope you shaved your legs!! :)

Cartoon Characters said...

hahaha Kev! Interestingly enough, I don't have much hair on my legs to shave anymore! It's weird. It's all growing on my face and in my nose! lol!!! *sigh* old lady stuff I guess.......