Thursday, July 24, 2014

Preop done

Pre-op workup done: bloodwork, ekg, cxray and interview.

Two hours going from bottom floor to second floor to third floor to first floor.

Thank goodness I had along my good friend ativan.

I texted my husband to come and pick me up and re-routed through a Mexican food drive-thru for a burrito on our way home.  I wasn't up to making lunch.

By the time I got home, the ativan had worn off and it wasn't until I realized I was posting "Please always close the doors" on every door in the house, frantically phoning every store in town for a roll-away bed for my dad for next weekend, and becoming overwhelmed with all the "stuff" I have to do - that I was way out of control.

My good friend Laurie suggested another ativan, but this time splurge on ONE WHOLE milligram.

It worked.

I didn't notice that I ate almost all the sushi my husband brought home for dinner.  He was somewhat disappointed that I only left him four pieces.  

I am much less apprehensive at the moment.

A few hours ago I had a million things I wanted to write down here - now, nothing.

I am all ready to go.
I had my first antibacterial shower.
I took off all my rings and earrings and watch.
I wrote down all my passwords for absolutely everything and put them in a safe place.
I copied down instructions as to where to find any and all insurance claims should I pass.
I  typed out all the bills that are to be paid and which account they are automatically taken out of.
I wrote out a will (good enough, they'll get the drift) - In this province everything goes to the spouse, fine by me.
I showed my husband one  more time how to get online with the bank.
I am sure he will figure it out somehow.

Hopefully he won't need all that information...



No comments: