Monday, October 11, 2010

What you see Driving along the freeway....

 My husband and I drove down to Central Washington to visit his family.  Great scenery along the way...it reminded me of where I grew up in British Columbia.....desert terrain, dry climate, tumbleweeds, ponderosa pines and weird rock formations from ancient volcanos.   The California Desert sneaks up just over the 49th parallel into Canada and there you find much of the same scenery as you do in California's desert country.  No wonder I felt so "at home" when I lived in California.




Interestingly enough,  along the way.....we spotted 5 semi trucks on their way from Montana to Vancouver....  Brad Paisley's H2O tour on their way to Vancouver.....all with the same logo on the side.  I managed to catch two of them....but only the tail end!

I guess we weren't the only ones on the road that day!

4 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Central Washington? May I just say YAWN!!!!!! I've been to Eastern WA (anything west of Snoqualmie Pass) for baseball tournaments. The Tri-cities, Spokane, Okanogan, then up to Penticton(which is an incredible town with terrifically friendly folks)but the drives put me to sleep. I was so excited when we got back to the GREEN of Western WA.

Cartoon Characters said...

Oh...I love the desert-type areas. Did you know that in Canada you spell it "Okanagan"?? And yes...Penticton. I have lived there...and many other places! ;)

Crazed Nitwit said...

We stayed 3 days in Penticton and the people were among the nicest I have ever met. Friendly and every single one said hello and how are you. LOVED it. If only it wasn't such a hassle crossing the border now.

I may have misspelled Okanogan.

Cartoon Characters said...

:) Penticton. Lived there for a while...like a lot of other towns/cities :)

You are right, it is a hassle crossing the border, but having family south of the border -and an american husband - we do it all the time.

Okanagan= Canada
Okanogan= USA
Both spellings are correct! Depends on what side of the border you live!