Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And the Book Goes to : Jo @ Head Nurse

Thank you all for your submissions!   By far, the most suggested name was Jo at "Head Nurse". ( Click on the book in the column to the right to read about the book)

So, Jo will be sent this book.  At first I had to ask her,  just in case.   I know she is newly diagnosed with cancer and not sure of how she would react to a book on the same topic....but she replied:  "Yes, I'd love to have that book. I love it even more that people thought of me.Thank them for me, will you?"

"I'm so freaking touched by everybody's love; I'm looking for a way to give it back"

Well, Jo, to tell you the truth,  I think you have given so much and more with your blog.   I really don't think you need to look for "a way to give back", unless you so choose to do even more.   You have given insight into the world of nursing for very many years, exposed your vulnerabilities and your foibles and imperfections, didn't hold back on your emotions - even when it means serious venting... and have been the inspiration for very many nurse bloggers.   You have been the shining example for newbie nurses,  an advocate for the patients/ the vulnerable out there who need it......I am thinking that you have already done more than simply "give it back".

So, thanks Jo....and here's to many more years of blogging! We all wish you Health and send out those Positive Vibes !   And more than that, we wish you Healing....and not just for the selfish reason of reading your blog for years to come....but simply because ... the world of nursing is a better place with you in it.  And that's not just ego-stroking! :)  It's the truth.

Enjoy your book! :)

6 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

YAY for Jo; congratulations, Head Nurse !~! Here's to better healing for her throat situation and a great autumn color display.

Robert said...

Yay!

Cartoon Characters said...

:)

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Very beautiful.

Crazed Nitwit said...

MOST excellent!!!

Phiddy said...

Truly terrific!