Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vuvuzelas.....again.

My husband is a Golf freak.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining! I find great joy knowing that he enjoys something so much! There are worse things he could do to fill his time.

Occasionally I have been known to go out onto the course for a round or two but since my MVA that has not only stopped me from doing hospital nursing - it has stopped most strenuous activities that I used to love to do including weight lifting and golf. 

It is discouraging when you have once been able to hit a golf ball near 200 yards, and now, because of the shoulder injury, it is all you can do to get it a hundred feet. Not fun.  Also, I can only do 9 instead of 18.  I can still enjoy the 19th hole though.

Like I said, I would never deny my husband the happiness he gets from golfing. Or from watching golf.

So I hear this familiar buzzing sound emitting from the tv....almost as bad as when the Soccer was in it's prime a month ago.....Vuvuzelas!

Coming around the corner, I expect to see a soccer match, but NO...it is a Golf Game!

Apparently the Senior's tournament is being held near Seattle, and the sound is -
  airplanes!   The course is situated near a small airport and the small planes are buzzing about, trying to view the game in progress.

I would almost like to be listening to vuvuzelas because at least they thought to mute the sound at the station level.

No comments: