Here is the ad:
Company Nurse
at Victoria Department Store in Davao City (posted on 08-19-2010)
Filed under Healthcare & Nursing
•Female, Single, not more than 28 years old
•Graduate of BS nursing, NLE passer
•Related experience is an advantage
*Can work under pressure
(obviously, this is not a job offering in Canada where you can't discriminate by age, sex or marital status. And...wtflip is the "can work under pressure"thing??? From my experience, Store Nursing is on the stress level of a Walmart greeter......yes, I actually admit that. That is why it was so much fun...because it wasn't stressful in the least - and I got paid for it! Closest I have ever come to getting paid for doing nothing - so to speak. At least - that's what it felt like. I wonder what goes on in Filipino Malls that it would be so stressful???)
AND: here is a partial article from the American Journal of Nursing 1941 - a peek into the life of a Department Store Nurse in New York - "From Teakettle to Busy Medical Department". Really. I suppose Cherry Ames book Department Store Nurse's description is pretty well on the money after all. Both were written in the same year. =^@ And here I thought it was all bogus.
2 comments:
Thank you for posting a comment on my blog. So I pondered over here ... and WHAT!? Department Store Nursing? I don't even ... get that ;)
;) I know. It sounds weird even if you KNOW what it is.... ;)
Post a Comment