Tuesday, August 10, 2010

GIANT MICROBES

Ha. Cute. Way cuter than the real thing. If you read this am's blog, you will have seen them. Giant Microbes. You can order them online. They come with information about that particular "bug" and their own Petri dish.

If you have friends with a sense of humor or just need an interesting learning tool, here's the best selection I have come across, medically speaking.

Ecoli just isn't so scary anymore:
You can now throw germ free Chickenpox parties.
Yeast Infections can be a cuddly good thing.
And how about those STI's you could give your loved one? - Chlamydia - Gonorrhea or HPV?

and Herpes (the petri dish, the real slide and the plush "toy"version):

 Gangrene - it will set in just when you least expect:
And hospitals would welcome these Giant Microbes:  C-diff  and  MRSA:


The site has photo illustrations of the real thing and the plush "toys" are built to look as close to the real thing as possible. You can Choose your own microbe by the common name or the Scientific Name or Grouping. Pick your Poison.


And - if you didn't like the plush toys - how about a Coffee mug or a Tie or two?



....because we all know how GERMY they are!!!!


ACHOOOOO! Now I have just given you the Common Cold!

2 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

I adore this web site. I discovered it two years ago. They've expanded hugely since then. The neuron is one of my favorites!

Cartoon Characters said...

I am just hoping they are too expensive to have hospitals handing them out to Nurses as "gifts". =^@

All that aside...they are interesting!