Ok. I have thought about it and decided that I will keep this Blog public.
I will repost some of the blogposts I removed - but reworked without the identifiers(identifiers meaning identifying me - since I never did ID any patients) .
If that is possible.
Some of you will find these reposts familiar - if you have been reading my blog since the beginning. If you do, just bear with me. Don't worry - I won't be posting the repeats only - I will sprinkle them with new stuff as the circumstances arise.
My "blogfriends" Rachedy and New Nurse in the Hood posted a meme on their blog - which recognised and voiced appreciation to the Nursing Blogs they read. Thanks, you two, for the shout out and link.... and forgive me for not realising I was supposed to do the same. I am clueless.
Anyway.
I blog mainly for myself. I haven't been blogging about recent nursing experience for obvious reasons....but mostly about my career 15 to 30 years ago....and how it has changed. I blog about the difference between the USA and Canada - since I have worked both. I blog about my daily experiences as I fumble through life. It's the small things, I have realised, that will be important to me down the road.
I know I will be able to remember the BIG events. I just want to make sure I remember the small things that happen in my life when my mind goes....and since I maybe have another 20 years until that happens....why not do that here? And therein lies the reason that I blog.
If you would like to join me in my journey - feel free. Life is an adventure and best lived living it to the fullest. After all, when you get old, you don't want to be mulling over " I should have.....I could have....". I don't think I have ever had to rethink my life........
No regrets. That's my philosophy in life but I guess, not in Blogging - if you catch my drift.
There are Four types of Nurse Bloggers I gravitate to:
1. Old Nurses like me: Don't get offended. It's OK to be "old". Wrinkles are life's Roadmap.
There is a lot to be learned from the Experienced. Plus ....it makes me laugh to read about what went on way back when, the understanding of where nursing came from and the appreciation for someone who has "been there" too! Being allowed to Complain is our Reward for "staying the course"!!
2. Student Nurses: Love 'em. Can't get enough of 'em. They are enthusiastic, energetic, and full of anticipation for what their career will offer them. We need 'em. We want them to succeed.......and all you "old" nurses out there....please take them under your wing and nurture them and guard them with your life......remember - we were all there once - and we will need them in a few years- so mentor them well!
3. ER nurses: what fun and excitement. Just love them! I only did a float through ER and loved it so much! Would have loved to work there full time but ended up in L&D instead....which in many ways....is similar in that you can go from one patient to a full house in a matter of an hour, your patient can go from doing great to dead in a matter of minutes....and you can wonder why it's so quiet one minute - then running full speed dealing with several emergencies the next...... That adrenaline rush is something else, and I live vicariously through you!
4. Male Nurses: Love their perspective. I wish there were more of 'em. I work with several right now and they are above and beyond my favorites to work with.
I do follow a few religiously.....Rachedy and New Nurse in the Hood are on the top of my list, then NurseXY, Nurse J, Madness: Tales of an Emergency Room Nurse, Those Emergency Blues , Running Wildly, Tex, Nurse Jackie, Who's Life is it Anyways? , Send a Man to Nursing School, NYCRN , AlbinoBlackBear (ER RN going for her MD)...... oh - and let me credit one more: Drawing on Experience. His cartoon illustrations of what he is experiencing as he goes through Nursing School is amazing. I am jealous of his talent, being somewhat of an artist myself.
I love these blogs (and more! sorry I couldn't name you all!) for the reasons above.
Now on with mine. :) Be damned the Prying Eyes of Government and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment