Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vacation - getting there...


If you have never been to the Vancouver International Airport...I have to say, it deserves it's high ratings as one of the best in the world.  Even since my last visit, it's changed....
my husband sitting and waiting in one of the chair pods
Internet access is free for anyone

Lots of play areas for kids.  So cute!

the aquarium is huge and has all kinds of sea life! Above is
huge plates of glass with artwork engraved suspended from the ceiling

greenery with tables and chair pods interspersed along the flowing "river" and bridges

one of the restaurants. Regulations have pricing the same as outside the airport so no gouging

glass fish in the river

Then, once on the plane....we put on our sound cancelling Dr Dre headphones and watch the satellite tv....no charge.  By the way, the airlines we took also includes one piece of baggage in the price of the ticket plus 2 carry-ons.  Got to love that!
What we could see out the window

what surprised me, is that the Discovery channel was allowed to air the show "Mayday"
which tells the story of a plane crash
this is the plane that crashed.  At the moment of impact (simulated) our plane
went through a minute or two of turbulence - freaked me right out!
Great flight - once I forgot about "Mayday", and we disembarked and safely found our hotel.

Mexico!

2 comments:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

What the heck on earth is that airline thinking showing that movie?? I would be freaked out just like you.

I'm so jealous that you're having a vacation in Mexico. I told my hubby I would love to go somewhere tropical after I graduate nursing school.

Cartoon Characters said...

I know!! In the airline's defense - I could have just changed the channel. For some reason I just couldn't...had to finish it! :( my fault.
Most airlines don't play movies that have airplane disasters in them...this was satellite tv so perhaps they didn't realize MAYDAY was one of the ones showing.... :(