She was a simple soul, and although sometimes her life was more of a tortured existence....she was loved by her whole family. My sister wrote a little eulogy in honor of her:
Wednesday, my Aunt died ....the same day as Steve Jobs. As I listen to the accolades pour in for him,
I cant help comparing lives.
He envisioned new ways of doing things....her schizophrenia meant she sometimes hallucinated.
He created innovative ways to communicate....her notes to us were simple, with pen and paper.
He was a strong leader who pushed for excellence and innovation....she was gentle and kind.
He impacted the world with new technology. . . she prayed for every one of her nieces and nephews.
He shared his creative thinking with the world. . she shared Gods love with a resident in her group home.
He expanded the work of digital memory... she remembered little details of what was going on in our families.
He was known throughout the world... our Aunt was probably only known by us...her family, people in the church and in the home where she lived - a very small number of people.
As all over the globe people laud Steve Jobs' many accomplishments. . . I'm sure she heard from Jesus a simple
"Well done, good and faithful servant!"
And on a day that everyone was focused on the passing of a powerful man whom everyone knows by name, my precious aunt quietly and without fanfare, passed into another world.
![]() |
| family photo: cousins with our dear aunt circa 1958 |

7 comments:
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and Prayers to her family and friends.
I'm sorry to hear she passed. May your own memories of her serve you, and honor her.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear.
- Anonymous
I am sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry for your loss, from your writings I know she meant a lot to you. Try to reflect on good memories and pray that God takes away any pain in your heart.
Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, she meant a lot to all of us.
Sometimes those with mental illnesses think they can't possibly make an impression on others....but my aunt showed everyone that no matter the obstacles, you can.
She is in a better place and I am sure her mind is free, whole and clear for the first time....
Great photos. Sorry to hear she's gone but as you have written, she can rest now. *hugs*
Thanks....in her small world, she was loved. Best of all, her mind is healed.
Post a Comment