What I didn't realize is - the Pan Am games are on here in Mexico.
Guadalahara is where the main events are taking place.
Saturday was the big Triathalon - right here in Puerto Vallarta. We could see the bike portion of the race from the back door of our apartment as groups of them whizzed by.
We were advised that the security was on high alert for the protection of the participants.
Thus the hovering waves of helicopters.
Yesterday my husband went golfing and he noticed that he was being followed on several of the holes. He approached the young man and asked what he was doing. "I am your security" he replied. "There are bandidos that will come out and try and rob you, so I am here to ensure your safety."
Well, that's nice to know. Except, all he has for a weapon is a can of mace.
Probably just as well.
Coming into our hotel, security is also very high. They wouldn't let our taxi pass through the gates without having spoken to us and taking our names.
There are those with watchful eyes and every move is monitored....but very discreetly.
It is still the low season here and the hotel we are staying at only has approximately 70 persons staying here at present.
It's nice and peaceful. I love it.
There are no buffets or loud annoying music by the pools.
Everyone is friendly and accommodating.
But there is a little air of reserve also.
This isn't the same Puerto Vallarta I knew when I first came by myself in the 1970s and wandered around carefree and uninhibited.
Innocence is gone.
But we can still enjoy the beauty of it all.
5 comments:
Egads! What a golf game for your husband...
I didn't know the PanAm games still exist.
Cheyenne: Yes, he was slightly perturbed, but not enough to interrupt his golf game! He's truly addicted!
NPO: Obviously, me neither. :)
I'm green with envy, and taken away with the breath-taking views.
Enjoy your time!
Zazzy: definitely breath-taking! Every night was a gorgeous sunset!
Post a Comment