My mother and I were discussing the methods of food preservation, spurred by one of the lovely blogs I read....I forget which one.....you know who you are......but anyway.....
I was giving her the interesting little nugget of how to keep bananas from going brown too early by breaking the bunch apart, and she decided to contribute one of her own from an old friend of hers:
"Mrs Flapchuck says if you use Saran wrap with your cheese and take all the air out it should keep.....but it has to be a new piece of wrap she says................."
Uh huh, mom. Ok. I won't reuse that wrap that I used last week for the chicken ......
Posted by Cartoon Characters at 9:02 AM
3 comments:
nurseXY said...
Haha, I know this is supposed to be funny, but my mom saves saran wrap. And aluminum foil, and the little styrofoam trays that meat comes on.
May 19, 2010 12:22 PM
A NURSE said...
NXY: does she recycle them or...? I am not sure about the trays that meat come on..... =^@
Actually when I read the story out loud to my mother...she said NO...a NEW PIECE OF WRAP EACH TIME....(as opposed to saving an old wrap from something else...) but since it's MY blog...I ain't changing it! ;) I liked the way my brain FIRST interpreted it...hahaha. Thanks for the read! :)
May 19, 2010 8:28 PM
A NURSE said...
ooohhh! Eureka! I found the blog that mentioned the banana thing....
http://mom-wife-student-nurse.blogspot.com/2010/04/household-tips-for-on-go-nursing.html
Thanks!! :)
May 23, 2010 10:41 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment