I had pleurisy my first year of college and have scarring on my lungs as a result. The occupational nurse that would follow up on our yearly chest Xrays for TB (yes, they did that!!) would always run up to me each year all excited and concerned about what was showing up on the screening. So I was used to that.
Then in 2008 there was a scare when a CT of my shoulder inadvertently showed up "nodules" in my lung - which led to a full CT and the r/o of lesions (or cancer) of the lung.
I occasionally use puffers when I have had a cold or become congested by some unknown environmental irritant ( I think it's cleaning fluids and aerosols - DON'T think it's our cats! of course not! ) So, I must admit I was a little worried.
I was VERY worried when I got a cryptic 3:30 call from my MD office saying that my MD wants to see me the next am. My dear Cancer Buddy suggested I take an ativan and down it with a glass of wine....I was so freaked. (it worked) The last time the MD office wanted to see me "quick" was July 4th 2014...the day of my melanoma diagnosis.
I was relieved that the CT showed that my lungs are clear.
HOWEVER.
![]() |
| They did a good job of the IV insert |
Lucky the gals in radiology complied....and interestingly enough they discovered a mass that measures 2cmX1.6cmX1.6cm that is "suspicious for a renal neoplasm." The upshot is the "Exophytic hypoattenuating mass at the upper pole left kidney is suspicious for a renal cell carcinoma" and I now have an urgent consult to a urologist. The dermatologist didn't think it's related to the melanoma.
Crap.
Back I go to the research and books and studies and treatments.......
I was just starting to feel a little better with the counseling and medication.

5 comments:
JFC, LL...that's enough horror for one poor person, isn't it?! I hope your testing, Q&A, results, treatment if required is all done with amazing alacrity this time around!
Wow - I am sorry you keep running into unwelcome news!!
And 100% agree with Laurie above !
All I can say is OMG! At least you have some techs that listen to you. Did you have a total scan after your initial diagnosis?
I think it is an excellent suggestion to take 2 ativan and a glass of wine and call the MD in the morning!
Hang in there. . . It's a day at a time. Is this all cause you are an RN? Some disgruntled patient put a spell on you? Kidding!!
Sending you warm vibs!!
KJF
Okay, I'll say it since no one else has... FUCK. This is horrible news.
I can't believe this is happening to you.
As I sit here pondering your dilemma... I am wondering what to do with mine. Black stools. And, since I told hubby who is rectal cancer survivor himself, I will have to do something about this sooner than later.
It's Christmas.
Enough said. I don't want this holiday to get wrapped up in a cancer diagnosis.
You take care. I am thinking positive thoughts and sending them your way.
Hugs.
I hope you are holding up under this new strain on your physical body. Please keep us posted with your health as you work your way thru this latest shit.
You are in my thoughts.
Post a Comment