Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Love Letters



I can remember a boyfriend of mine that went away on vacation and was going to be gone for several weeks.....I did the same thing - writing a card or letter for every day he was gone....but it had quite the opposite effect!

What I didn't realize, he was seeing someone else - a married woman - on the sly. I can only imagine that he chucked them all in the garbage, unopened.

It was heartwarming to realize that a guy could actually do this for his wife.

What a wonderful thing - to be able to read those letters decades from now! Truly there is something so very personal and romantic about an *actual* handwritten letter, as opposed to a quickie email.

The couple is from Ontario originally, now based out of Victoria on Vancouver Island, B.C. Her husband has been deployed to the Persian Gulf for the next 8 months. See her original posting here.

3 comments:

Red Stethoscope said...

Oh my goodness, I just melted inside!!!!

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

What a priceless gift! I love this idea.

Cartoon Characters said...

RedS: ya....doesn't it just though? Now for your Lawyer.... ;)

ZazzyE: It is a very cool idea. It's even more cool that he thought of it himself and actually spent the time to do it. I don't know many guys like that!