Almost 30 years ago, I had surgery - radial keratotomy (no, not laser! This was prior to that advance in vision care!) - for poor eyesight.
I was *almost* blind.
You know those letters on the wall that they use for checking vision? I couldn't even see the poster (or the wall, for that matter) - my vision was so poor.
I can remember at work, my glasses broke - as they would so often do because they were so heavy and thick - and I couldn't see to give out medications to my patients. I couldn't even see to drive home.
It was like a miracle when I finally had the surgery to correct my vision. I am now still almost 20/20 - even 30 years later.
So, it amazed me when I watched this video - this Blind guy who took a positive spin on his Blindness.
I don't know if I could be so positive. I at least could see a blurry blobby world - with light!
Watch this: (and feel gratitude that you can)
5 comments:
I love this man for all his joy in who he is and the inherent beauty in the world.
He's funny. Made me laugh the entire way thru. And, that's hard to do these days. :))
LH-O and Phiddy: Yes, lots of joy and a great sense of humour.
I noticed in some of the comments on youtube that some gal wanted to know if he was single..... :)
I am so cheering for the blind women on "Master Chef". I do not treat blind people different, but admire what I could never imagine doing without sight.
ps Christine on Master Chef is kind of cute
I haven't been watching Master Chef. Will have to check it out - if I get the program.... thanks!
Post a Comment