I would buy stamps from any missionary that would visit the church back in the 1960's. I would also collect stamps from here and there, whatever envelope someone had saved for me, and soon had quite a collection going.
As I transitioned into my teen years, I realized that collecting stamps was a monumental job and there was no way I would be able to collect all of the stamps I wanted. I just didn't have the resources.
My OCD wouldn't let me continue. ( If I couldn't collect them all, I wouldn't collect any!)
I gave my stamps to my cousin, who, through the years accumulated quite the array of Canadian stamps.
He is a computer techie that invented something that is used every day in the workings of the computerized New York stock exchange....and he makes a couple cents on every transaction.
It's not only stamps he is accumulating. He can afford to buy whatever stamps he pleases.
Here are a few of his stamps he has collected:
Just in time for today: Victoria Day holiday!
![]() |
| The entire collection of Jubilee stamps |
Very old.....and very interesting!
This was the series of stamps issued for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897.
Besides Queen Victoria, there is only one other British Monarch to celebrate 60 years on the throne.... Queen Elizabeth.
2012 is the year of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee.


2 comments:
I had a stamp collection when I was a kid also, it was handed down to me from my father who seemed to collect everything.
I don't collect anything but legos now. I don't even do a good job of that.
I'd rather collect a few cents off every transaction the stock market makes.
I don't collect anything anymore. It's all "junk" to me now.
I agree with your last sentence! :)
Post a Comment