
You know that the Eaglets have hatched:
But guess what else has happened!
But guess what else has happened!
The poor eagle thought he was bringing a really nice furry feast home for it's little ones,,,
....but unfortunately....
It's caught a fake animal....someone's stuffed toy! Here is the video of mom picking apart the stuffed toy trying to get to the real meat to feed her patient chicks! She throws the stuffing all over her kids and her nest!:
Look at the stuffed rabbit in the nest live - if you click on the right hand Eagle Icon. You can actually see the labelling on the stuffed animal.
Here is the Mom moving the stuffed toy around in the nest - she seems rather annoyed with it - but doesn't throw it over the edge just yet. Maybe it might keep the babies amused when they get a little bigger:
Here is one of the pair bringing a real food to the nest - look at approximately the 8 minute mark for the real rabbit:
And in case you haven't been following the eagles, here is a video put together that shows the progression of building the nest:


3 comments:
This was just amazing!! What a mess the stuffed toy made, but today, it looks a little cleaner. Surprised she hasn't pushed it over the edge yet. They are so fun to watch. I was worried that one was a big bully and would get all the food. . but seem to be both growing ok.
Thanks for sharing and HAPPY NURSES WEEK. Loved the cartoons.
K-Fro
fascinating pics. I am amazed that mama did not know the toy was not real food....maybe they go by sight only and not smell and feel.
Of course, I also feel bad for the rabbit.......nature is tough on an animal fool.
K-Fro: yes, last year was the same...they grew quite nicely then flew off! Fun to watch for sure!
Happy nurses Week to you too!
Lo: I was surprised about mom bringing the stuffed toy to the nest, but apparently it's not the first time an eagle has done this from what I read on the forums! I feel bad for anything that has to be killed, but that's nature, I guess....
Post a Comment